Our commitment to implementing the latest technology has allowed our practice to remain highly efficient, using cutting edge techniques. Thanks to constant research and development in dentistry, the modern techniques we employ allow our patients to receive dental treatment without the discomfort associated with old-fashioned dentistry.
One of the newer technologies that we employ is digital radiography, intraoral camera and digital panoramic x-ray.
HOW DO DIGITAL X-RAYS WORK?
Similar to traditional x-rays, we place a sensor that is about the size and shape of a normal x-ray film inside your mouth. After a quick x-ray, a scanner sends signals to a computer that are translated into electronic pictures of your teeth, supporting bones, and gums.
WHY DO WE USE DIGITAL X-RAYS?
- The patient receives approximately 90% less radiation than with traditional x-rays.
- We get larger, more detailed images to help diagnose more accurately.
- We can share the x-ray image with patients on our in room monitor to explain areas of concern or answer questions.
- There is no developing involved, so no harmful chemicals are used.
- The digital x-rays can be enlarged for clarification, and are stored in your file for future reference.
- Immediate results from digital x-rays means less time developing x-rays and more time spent with the patient.
- Digital x-rays can be submitted along with dental insurance claims to expedite the reimbursement process.